Quote Originally Posted by TabletopNuke View Post
How about a variant of psionic focus? Perhaps the healing touch ability expends the user's "divinely focus", which requires a standard action and a DC 20 Concentration check to use.
Actually, I think I will expand the rules to all magic (both invocations and psionics), and then say that whenever you have cast a spell/manifested a power you must make a check in order to keep your focus. The highest level invocation or power will require you to expand your focus, but all other invocations and powers just put a strain on the character. Maybe being focused for to long drains hp, and using abilities adds rounds to the duration that has passed?

The reason I am currently going with uses/day is that I want to limit out of combat healing. If healing touch could be used at will then out of combat a cleric could completely heal his allies, making the CR of opponents lessen. I might make a feat that lets you use healing touch more times per day, but I do not wnat the PCs facing every challenge with full hp.