Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
"You can't go home like that, but you can go home dressed in some strange guy's clothes?" Paul grins tiredly, eyebrow quirked. "Your folks must be kinda odd, huh?" He stifles a yawn, afraid it'll turn into another coughing fit, and looks around the park. "I was thinking of just plopping myself down by a shady tree and catching some fresh-air nappage. I'm not sure I like the vibe here, though. Yeah. Provided you don't mind mess on an apocalyptic scale, we can go back to my place and get you cleaned up so you can face the dreaded parental units."
Starla laughs quietly, her throat a bit raw from the smoke. "They'd notice a mess, believe me. My 'rents are...a bit retentive about cleanliness." She smiles faintly, but it doesn't touch her eyes. "As for WHAT I'm wearing? Well, they're as likely to notice that as they would if the president of Zimbabwe got a new car." She grins sheepishly. "My mom has OCD and cleans constantly. Dad's a research scientist, so it works for them. For their teenage daughter? Give me a good mess any day." She tries to slip her hand into Paul's. "And I don't mind bodyguarding while you sleep. You never know when an assassin might strike." She tries to laugh, but with the eerie feeling, it sounds hollow.