1. - Top - End - #618
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Warhammer 40K Tactics IV - The Enemy of Your Enemy is Still Your Enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear View Post
    <Monstrous Creature> I forget what it's called, but it spawns Termagants.
    Tervigon. 160pt monster who can spew out 3d6 termagaunts per turn.
    And a couple of special characters I didn't pay attention to because I don't care about SCs.
    There's now the Swarmlord (a CC HT based monster, 280pts), the Parasite of Montrex (a flying beasty who implants people with ripper eggs, 160pts), plus several others scattered around the 'dex.
    Chameleon Lictors in Broods of 1. ~140 points. I don't know the difference.
    Special rules and slightly higher stats. It causes a selected enemy IC to have -1d3 Ld until it's dead, enemies within 12" roll one less die for difficult terrain, enemies shooting it must roll as if it were Night Fighting, and it can go back into reserves during your movement phase. And he Rends on a 5+.
    Zoanthropes. Holy crap. They have a S10, AP 1 Lance weapon. Strength 10. Lance. 2s to Glance Land Raiders, Leman Russes and Monoliths. AP1 also means +1 to damage rolls.
    Fortunately, it's only 18" range, and Zoanthropes are still T4, so you might have a chance to pop them before it becomes a problem. Provided you get past the 3+ Invulnerable save they have.
    There's also a unique Zoanthrope who absorbs the wounds of those he kills (up to a maximum of 10), and has his S tied to his current number of wounds.
    Some Elite Genestealer Brood. Ymgarl Genestealers, I believe they're called.
    They get to start the game "hibernating" in a terrain piece, and have +1 to either T, S or A each assault phase.

Quote Originally Posted by One Step Two View Post
    I know my resident Tyranid player is completely over the moon at 6pt Gargoyles (and plastic kits), they also come with poison apparently and he wants to make 20 of the things. Also, they deepstrike.
    It's not Poison poison, but from what I've heard rolls of 6 to hit auto-wound.
    Last edited by Keris; 2010-01-05 at 11:05 AM.