Quote Originally Posted by shadowmage View Post
I have to agree with the others a "hostile force" is not something that sends a shiver down your back or a case of heart burn. As it is a will save i would guess it is more like a headache that suddenly comes on and just as quickly goes away. Which is not normal. Now as to going after the stranger in front of me, no I might now, depending on the mooks int.

It would depend on the situation the mook was in. A man standing in front of me waving his hands and chanting, yes I would think he did it, a man standing in front of me staring hard and maybe talking at me in a strange lang yes. Remember as said above a silent/still spell still Provokes an attack of Opportunity.

So let me see I got this headache suddenly that came and went and this man is staring at me really really hard, so hard I could slap him and he would not stop me. Yea he is up to something.

Now if there was 2 or 3 people standing around, maybe the mook might not notice the stare or if the mook had a low Int yes. But at times it is perfectly normal for mooks to react.
Charm Person has a casting range minimum of 25 feet and the original scenario never said the caster was directly in front of the mook, just "in front". So until further clarification is made by the OP on exactly how far "in front" of the mook he is there's no guarantee that the mook would even notice.

Of course assuming he would take the side effect of passing the spell as a reason to be suddenly alert to everything in his surroundings.