View Single Post

Thread: [3.5] The Bladesinger (redux) [PrC, ToB]

1. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5] The Bladesinger (redux) [PrC, ToB]

Quote Originally Posted by Cieyrin View Post
    I'm curious about the inclusion of the spear as a method of bladesinging, given that you can only do extra damage with it, not get the AC boost or utilize Strike of Celerity, unless we throw in Somatic Weaponry, which doesn't seem to be the case here.

Otherwise, an intriguing reimagining of Bladesinger that I would find interesting with a Bard/Warblade, synergizing well with Song of the White Raven.
    Gil-Galad was an amazing elf with a spear. Read about him That and honestly, the elven weapon selection is a little bogus, I expanded it to allow for more fun fighting styles. Bladesong supports ANY of the weapons listed (fixed it). I fixed Song of Celerity, missed that one. And agreed, Bardblades would do well here.

Quote Originally Posted by jiriku View Post
    Wow. I like this a lot. I have been planning to revise the bladesinger for my homebrew setting, but I think I'll just be stealing yours instead.

Nitpicky:
    1. I would probably rename Spellsinger's Song to Spellsinger's Stance to make it more clear what ability is being granted.
    2. Is it intended that most of the weapons in the bladesong style get the damage and finesse benefit, but not the AC bonus?
    3. I second the question: can strike of celerity be used with a spear or an elven courtblade?
    4. I'd suggest editing the bonus feat pool to align more closely with the class theme. In particular, feats like Diehard, Endurance, Great Fortitude and Run seem out of place, while some feats I'd expect to see, such as Acrobatic Strike, Bounding Assault, Desert Wind Dodge, Evasive Reflexes, and Rapid Blitz are missing.
    All weapons in the Bladesong style get the AC bonus, damage bonus, etc. Strike of Celerity too. And I fixed the feat list to your suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by T.G. Oskar View Post
    Considering the idea I have...

Base Bladesinger, Bardic Bladesinger and Sublime Bladesinger...

Bladesinger Corps, anyone? Considering there are several Harper PrCs, and the Bladesinger originates from Faerun (but has since went to CW, and the rest is history), you could say there's more than one kind of Bladesinger.
    By jove I think you've got it! Not a bad concept, actually! Why should Harpers have all the fun.

-X
    Last edited by ErrantX; 2010-01-14 at 08:41 AM.
    Chris Bennett
    Author and Lead Developer of Path of War
    Freelancer

My credits:
    Path of War and Path of War Expanded: An OGL Tome of Battle for the Pathfinder game system, for Dreamscarred Press.
    Psionics Augmented: Psychic Warrior and Psionics Augmented: Soulknife for Dreamscarred Press.

My extended homebrew signature!