Quote Originally Posted by Karoht View Post
If you are going into space, pack a railgun.
Baring the availability of a railgun (They seem so difficult to find for some reason, but ammo is surprisingly cheap when I ask for it at gun shops. Course they always laugh and whisper something about roofing nails as I leave and I can never figure out why) pack a shotgun and a melee weapon.
Shotgun shot isn't likely to breach the insides of your ship or damage internal components too badly, where revolver rounds are much more likely. And the melee weapon is for when you are out of rounds, because as awesome as it is to gun butt people with a shotgun, sometimes you need something more direct.

If we ever make it into space (and for whatever reason there is conflict aboard ships and stations and the like) I forsee a rise in popularity of 4 weapons. The cutlass, the axe, the taser, and any form of club.
The taser is pretty obvious as a means of long range stun that is not likely to damage the sensitive components on the inside fo a ship. The cutlass because it was a highly efficient and popular sword of choice for raiding and boarding parties at sea. The axe, because they are useful anywhere you go. And the club because it is already the most commonly used personnel suppression weapon carried by law enforcement. So it stands to reason that the club must be really good at it's intended purpose. Besides, EVERYTHING is a club.
The problem is, in space there's no gravity* and that means that when you swing your melee weapon, you'll start spinning the other way like a demented yo-yo.

*There is, but you don't feel it.