I gotta say, it looks good. At first glance from a balance perspective. But then I look at it from a players perspective, and I go "Stuff this. I get nothing to play with except a few x/day abilities (which I won't be able to use frequently) until 6th level!"

Is it balanced? Quite probably. Is it going to be fun to play? IMHO, quite probably not until the later levels. You get a bunch of static buffs and some x/day abilities that suffer from being strictly 1/day in one case and limited by how well you can cover your MAD in the other. By comparison with some other classes considered a good choice to play:

Wizard: Yeah, wizard gets that a little. At level 1.
Cleric: See above, but less so.
ToB: No, none of that problem. Seriously, you can pull interesting tricks out of your hat with astonishing regularity.
Psionics: See wiz/cleric.
Rogue: So but not so. You get to shine out of combat with the rogue, so it kind of makes up for it. Suffers the most from those listed so far.
Barbarian: Yes, we're getting that here. Except that barbarian's limited use abilities last longer and have more impact.

And so on. The problem is not power, but the fact that people have less fun when they just have a bunch of numbers to play with. That miss chance is about the funnest thing you get at low levels.