View Single Post

Thread: Paladin rewrite (PEACH)

1. - Top - End - #27
    Halfling in the Playground

Planetar

Default Re: Paladin rewrite (PEACH)

Ok, made a few changes today so far, going to be doing more as the morning progresses.

• For now, I drew out the spell progression back to lvl 1 to give more low level toys to play with. Still ends up with the same total at 20.
    • Added another use for turn attempts with Imbued Smite.
    • I removed the Holy Restoration, mainly due to the fact that /week sucked; I thought about switching it to /day but it would still be silly as Dragoon pointed out since it was a lesser version of what a cleric could do multiple times a day. That left only the option to improve its function, but I didn't want to class to feel more like a healer. Removing this should also help a little bit to balance the casting.
    • On balancing the casting, I have never liked the paladin spell lists so I would rather see this using the cleric lists. Would it be better to tone it down a bit by limiting by domain, or just scaling back off the spontaneous casting, or good as is for a tier 2/3 goal ?

I came up with two possible capstone ideas yesterday. Toss some opinions on these. These are currently unfluffed. I was thinking along the lines of having each one use turn attempts.

• Avatar - Gain divine rank 0 for a few rounds once a day. IIRC this would give higher speed (I think 60, 200 fly), 35 SR, maxed hp, ac +13. Probably have it burn a turn attempt per round or something to keep up. Activate as a swift action.
    • Prime Incarnation - Activate a double strength version of all Angelic Aspects at once for one turn attempt per round. Activate as a swift action.
    Last edited by Cyanic; 2010-02-03 at 09:14 AM.
    Willing and able to PEACH anything from : DnD 3.0, 3.5, 3.x, 2nd AD&D, Gurps 4th, Whitewolf, and any other wacky misc. you have come up with. Feel free to PM me if you would like something looked at.