My two brothers and I were playing the OotS board game the other day and they started getting annoyed and quit, saying that my character was "stronger" than theirs, and I can actually see their point. I was Roy while my brothers were Vaarsuvius and Belkar, and by the time we got to the third floor I already had about 10 shticks and a huge pile of loot while they only had 5 each and maybe 2 or 3 loot. And we'd played the game before, and every time I won playing as Roy, and the only time I didn't win was while I was playing as Elan. I've also noticed that Roy's play style is significantly different from the other players;

Haley's point is to collect as much loot as she can.

Elan and Durkon's points are to heal other players so that they'll like them better and give them their loot.

Belkar's point is to beat up the other players, which in the long run really only gives him their loot every time he defeats a fellow player (or makes them flee the dungeon).

Roy's point is to get so strong that he can charge through enemy monsters with ease (which gives you loot anyways) so that he can get even stronger and be the first to beat Xykon.

(I'll admit Vaarsuvius's point has nothing to do with loot at all, since sniping enemies from a distance doesn't even give you any loot, but then again I'm not really sure what V's point is, so...)

And grabbing loot isn't even a very efficient way of winning anyways, since you can only pick up about 1 or 2 (not counting Haley) per turn, AND only about 1/6 of it will even ever be loot your character drools over anyways, not to mention the risk of traps! I suppose if you got enough of other people's loot, you could trade it to them to stand a better chance against the monsters, but by the time you have enough shticks to fight without trading as much loot, Roy's already way ahead of you!

Anyways, I was just wondering if anybody else has ever noticed Roy being stronger than the other players, or if my brothers and I were doing something wrong...