View Single Post

Thread: Order of the Stick: The Manga

1. - Top - End - #715
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Order of the Stick: The Manga

Quote Originally Posted by Ronan View Post
    Perhaps you could talk to Rich about making an official manga translation after the last book was in stores? I guess that would be legal, but would depend in his aproval, anyway

Your work is really awesome, but it's a different kind of awesome than OotS itself. Rich is more of a comic/drama/adventure... writer, and he chose a medium that would favor the jokes, but it works for the drama as well.

Your style is mor about the show, the flashy battles(I liked Soon's katana) and more importantly, a *Second viewpoint*. If I read his comics, then yours, I will gaze upon a different understanding of the story
    FWIW, while I like the OOTS style for what it is, Rich's story + Elagune's artwork is FTW in my book.

I think Egalune's contributions here show that he's really got the talent to bring up a manga-style OOTS. That's a growing market here in the US - you've got shelves and shelves of manga in the stores nowadays. heck, I got the original GITS manga from Borders the other day just to see how it was (excellent, characters were really interestingly different - Motoko has FUN?? and a BOYFRIEND??? wowow).

So I'm just sayin', Rich's stick figure style works for all of us fans, but a manga-style might bring the story to a lot lot of other fans-to-be, plus most of us'd prolly buy it to. And here's Elagune all awesome n'stuff at it already. Sounds like opportunity knocking to me.
    Last edited by wootage; 2010-02-12 at 12:16 PM.
    Woot