Quote Originally Posted by Froogleyboy View Post
All right, Today I woke up and rushed to the school bus. Well when I got to school, I was tortured. Like usual. A constent stream of insults were thrown at me all day. Someone stole my newly-purchased D20 modern core book and I had to let them smack me around for them to give it back. Two teachers called me a drug addict and a satanist (and took up my quartz crystal because they thought I'd "hex" them) When I got home, my mom kept up with the stream of insults, saying I'm "strange" "odd", etc. So I got on my bike and rode to my grandmaws. From there I logged on to the internet when I realised "Forget them! I'm goin' to the playground" So I just wanted to say that I love you guys. Y'all really help me escape reality.
... Am I the only one who thought it'd be really, really funny if I and a few of my buddies were to go teach some punks that there's always a meaner nerd? We don't even need weapons. My unit's scored more kills with Humvees and MRAPs than machineguns or assault rifles, anyways. ^_^
Comedy aside, it does get better once you're out of high school and out of the Deep South. People stop trying to act cool. A lot of the guys I serve with now were the sorts who picked on nerds in high school (some of 'em even play Warhammer and D&D with me), something they now regret as pointless, childish posturing.

Quote Originally Posted by Symmys View Post
I've only been on a few forums, but GiantitP is definitely the best of what I have seen. People are civil and intelligent, only use l337 (or whatever it's called) to mock trolls, are often quite knowledgeable about fantasy, myth, science fiction, and other cool stuff, and generally act like the awesome people they are. Also, unlike some other forums *coughneopetscough*, stuff is organized and the posts aren't painful just to look at.

I like this place.
It's because people here tend to act more like real people than Internetizens.

Quote Originally Posted by Marillion View Post
As for what Tribble said, he's absolutely correct. One of my friends when I was in high school, a scrawny, long-haired, LaVeyan Satanist, was getting picked on, and it turned physical. Of course, a circle formed around them. Instead of taking the beating, or fighting 'fair', he asks the guy "Have you made peace with your god?" "...What?" "Because this is a fight to the death." And then he leapt at him, clawing and gouging and biting and kicking, and paying special attention to the genitals. It got so bad that the other students actually pulled him off before the security guards got there. He was suspended for a week, of course, but he was never bothered again.
Doesn't always work, says the guy who broke someone's collar bone with a T-square and dozens of other incidents ranging from the merely violent to the exotically bloodthirsty. Once people get scared enough of you, you're completely cut out from the social circles. It's only come up as a job skill once.

Quote Originally Posted by icastflare! View Post
Trust me, my friend did it it was horrible. get no respect, very low wages. worst year of his life
You don't do it for the money.