Quote Originally Posted by RandomNPC View Post
I agree with the new direction the discussion is going in, you do not want to teach students who goto school because they have to. University or something maybe, but not a public school teacher.

If a student has to be there, they will resent you, not all of them, not even most, but enough to make your day bad. every day. At a university everyone's there by choice, but I think you've got to be teaching for a while to get into one as a teacher. Then again I've never applied to teach.
I'm the first to say that teaching is no cake-walk, and definitely not for everyone, but if it is for you, you are doing something incredible every day for dozens of children. And even though they sometimes make you want to tear your hair out, the next day you'll have a kid come back and thank you for being the one to keep them from dropping out of school. And that is just amazing.

Anyway, you can't just jump to teaching University. You've got to have at least a doctorate to get a tenure track spot, and that includes work in the field.