Quote Originally Posted by Thursday View Post
"It's as if the author is telling us that what we see in crayon pictures is not always the truth, by showing us an exact panel we've seen before but with one crucial change." (sorry haven't figured out how to quote multiple posts yet)

Er, well, Yeah.... but haven't we been told this already? In every case the crayons are used its clearly a character describing the past to someone else. In SOD, where as I'm sure you know, the fact that the narrator was lying in a crayon sequence is explicitly called out by one of the listeners...
(sorry for the creaking language, I haven't figured spoilers out either, I suck)
-He doesn't need to show us using small changes in panels what he has a character flat out tell us, (admittedly in a prequel book which many won't have read.)

Plus now in 704, Redcloak straight out asks if what Jirix is describing happened or not..

So.. To be honest I thought that stuff in crayon may or may not be the whole truth was pretty well established...
First off, you have to recall not everyone has read SOD
Second of all, while we knew the crayons was someone else telling us a story, many people treated the crayons as flashbacks... they showed us in crayon form EXACTLY what happened, and not just what the story teller personally knows... we assumed that the storyteller had accurate knowledge on the subject. It's the difference between looking at the stories as flashbacks, and just looking at them as stories (subject to personal interpretation to characters telling the story)

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonAngel View Post
They were elves who attacked the tower, also.
No they did not...
Jirix and Redcloak, despite speaking in plurals, were both talking about V's solo attack on Xykon... The reason they spoke in plurals is because Redcloak has chosen to believe or spin V's solo attack as part of a grander scheme by an unknown group of elves... As such when they refer to the attack, they include the unknown members speaking in plurals... kinda like how in real life, if one man conducts a terrorist attack, the victim will claim they were attacked by "Terrorists" despite the fact that the attack was conducted by one man