Years ago in Kirigakure:
Spoiler
Show
"Mori?"

"Yes?"

"Your students are escaping."

"..."

"We have two of them cornered, namely Kensai and Anahera. Care to explain how the hell you've let this happen?"

"So this is my fault now?"

"As said, they're your students."

"I know we've never seen eye to eye on some things, but did you really have to go this far to disgrace me? After all these years I've served this village? Your parents would be ashamed."

"My parents have nothing to do with this. It's not my loyalty that's in question."

"What do you want me to do? Hunt them down and kill them? If so, then step aside and let me get done with it. But I tell you it won't solve a thing..."

"Do you think I'm stupid, Mori? I know how you feel about them. There's only one way I'll let you out of this room, and you know what it is."

"I don't want to fight you."

"You've brought this upon yourself."

"... and that's just one more thing we don't agree on."

"Then I think the story of the Swordsmen is over."

---

Ryoma is snapped out of his thoughts when a speeding, brightly coloured beach ball hits him in the head. "Sorry mister, are you all right?", a high-pitched voice asks from behind him. Dumbstruck, the old man turns to face the speaker who turns out to be a thin little boy, maybe six or seven years old. "I'm fine, thank you. If you want to cause trouble, you should aim a little lower", the elder jokes, before the boy's frozen expression reminds him that he does not have his glasses on.

"AAAAH!!!! A GHOST!!!"
, the boys yells as he runs to the distance. Ryoma sighs and puts his sunglasses on, glancing at the ball he left behind. "What a funny little incident", he mubles before picking up the ball and heading back to the more crowded portions of the beach. It would be a shame to deprive a child from his toy.