View Single Post

Thread: [WFRP] The Hour After Midnight

1. - Top - End - #361
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [WFRP] The Hour After Midnight

Marius regarded Ithelus with a less-than-impressed expression for a moment, but answered the question.

"It would depend how they did it. If they just provided money and a place to hide - well, Delberz may not be Altdorf, but we have our share of nobles and merchants, and there are many men here wealthy enough to pull it off. It's not exactly difficult to pull strings at the Castle," he added, cynically.

"The alternative, I suppose, is someone with real power to direct the investigations away from the real culprits. That would be Lector von Kemperbad, Sergeant Halbermann... and as you say," he said, fixing Ithelus with a steady gaze, "myself."

He paused.

"And my stepmother, I suppose. Since her father's money is paying for this cathedral, she technically has the Lector in her power." He made a face that implied he did not think much of the possibility. "As far as I gather from my father, however, influence flows rather more strongly from the Lector to her than vice versa."

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Just in case it ain't clear (it was hard to make this explicit IC without making Marius seem like some kind of bizarre name-dropper), Marius' dad is the Baron. Since you know his second name, it should be more than possible to pick that up from the allusions he makes here (and when you first met him).
    Last edited by LCP; 2010-02-24 at 04:13 PM.