View Single Post

Thread: Still Not Safe #2 [M&M 2nd ed]

1. - Top - End - #1191
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Still Not Safe #2 [M&M 2nd ed]

"With that problem solved, may I say what's in my mind?" His voice suddenly breaks the silence.

"I... when you're doing what you were doing... I've been thinking about something else. And..."
    it looks like he has a lot of trouble saying what's in his mind.

"The old me, I won't talk about this at all. A few days ago, maybe, I'd just talk about this with Todd. But after everything that had happened... I realized that.. maybe. Maybe I can't solve everything alone.

We need each others. And this is the perfect time to talk about this, since we have everyone together here, and I don't know when we'll have another chance like this.

This... this might be stupid thinking. Just tell me if you think it's stupid.

Aren't you thinking.... Don't you think.... that we're just some kind of pawn? We're weapons to be used against the Shifter Entities, or the Thought of Ascencions, or something else. We just follow orders, move there, defeat the enemies there, and then go back home.

The... the recent incidents with Sarah made me think. Now what? I, we can't do anything now. Now we just sit like good boys and girls, wait for orders, as usual. I hate that.

I realize that we're just a bunch of teenagers with destructive power. The SECT, they have the resources to direct us, to think strategies, things like that. But I still hate to think that I'm nothing more than a knife to be directed to places that SECT thinks need to be stabbed. I'm not saying that SECT is bad. They give me reason to live, place to be, things to do. Maybe I'm paranoid, but as you say yourselves, we don't even know who our "higher ups" is.

I say... why don't we.... 'free' ourselves a bit. The thing that Lorne did... that's just part of it. Why don't we do more... ehm, independent researches at things that interest us, for example. Let's communicate to each other often, and if possible, in ways outside official SECT ways.

Let's not just be weapons to be directed by SECT's hand.

And let's do this together, as we all connected by this string of fate."

James then releases a big huff of air like he's been holding his breath for so long, and messes his own hair, looking embarassed at what he just said.

"Just tell me if it's idiocy, or just say it's just typical stupid teenage rebellion, and I won't mention it again."
    Last edited by Fri; 2010-02-25 at 06:58 AM.
    You got Magic Mech in My Police Procedural!
    In this forum, Gaming is Serious Business, and Anyone Can Die. Not even your status as the Ensemble Darkhorse can guarantee your survival.

Disciple of GITP Trope-Fu Temple And Captain of GITP Valkyrie Squadron.
    Spoiler
    Show

The OTP in the playground.
    Awesome Elizabeth Shelley by Hollamer
    My Gallery/My Star Wolves 3 LP