Incom Morgan

Looking down at the emotionally ruined wreck of Isabella, drunk beyond belief yet possessing that tiny spark of goodness and determination to burn through the alcohol haze. A mother’s determination glows through her, a glow that long ago had started after their secret wedding, a glow which was now another creature bound by hate and twisted by evil. Yet she was hoping, doing her motherly duty, trying to save the last of her untainted children, to save her from herself.

His son. His wife. His family. All lost to him from what she said, lost and gone.

Yet there was still Sara.

”I will save Sara. You will not know how, or where, or why, but I will save her. That is all I can tell you until we cure you. I won’t stop until I cure you Isabel, until I cure our son, until this world is safe from the Baron and his twisted delusions of grandeur.”

Knowing that time was becoming limited, for there was no telling would Isabella would do once she sobered up. Would she remember what happened? Would she betray him yet again? Questions he did not know the answer to for he was but a simple man exposed to far too much.

”What will you do once you sober up? Will you remember our conversation? Will you betray me again?”

Soon it would be time to move, to start playing the game of kings once again. Once the answers come that with hope will show that there is still some luck in this doomed world.