View Single Post

Thread: [WFRP] The Hour After Midnight

1. - Top - End - #433
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [WFRP] The Hour After Midnight

Raffy the Sparrowhawk

Spoiler
    Show
    The boy points silently at the door in front of him, the one with the muddy bootprint before it. He edges quietly away from it and whispers to Lothar,

"That's the door, but it's locked. Let's go around front and see if we can find out what it is. Maybe we can get in another way."

He frowns. "Unless you wanna stay here and watch this way while I check the other one?"

Either way, before leaving the alley Raffy will try a variety of methods to make sure he can find the right building (or the right part of a larger building) when he goes around the block. This includes noting the colour/type of stone (or other construction) the building is made of; counting paces from the turn in the alleyway; and looking up at the roofs of the buildings to count chimneys or note any other landmarks. If possible he'll climb up on crates or barrels, or a door lintel, in the main alleyway to get a better view of the roofs.

All this should take just a minute or two, and as soon as it is done he heads out of the alley. He turns right on the street, counting paces to the next intersection and subtracting the number of paces it took to get to the locked door.

Once he has gone around the block he checks for the landmarks and counts the remaining paces. This should leave him standing in front of a building that looks similar to the one Puderman went into.

Lothar can come along or not, of course, at his own discretion. Raffy's buss is holstered again but his hand stays near it. He looks at the doors and windows for any sign of Puderman lying in wait, or anyone peeking out to look for unwanted visitors.
    Last edited by Another_Poet; 2010-03-09 at 11:59 AM.
    I just published my first novella, Lúnasa Days, a modern fantasy with a subtle, uncertain magic.

You can grab it on Kindle or paperback.

Proud to GM two Warhammer Adventures:

Plays as Ulrich, Student of Law