View Single Post

Thread: All D&D 3.5 class tiers

1. - Top - End - #62

Default Re: All D&D 3.5 class tiers

Quote Originally Posted by JaronK View Post
    Interaction means actually touching it or poking it with something. Clearly, "just looking at the illusion" does not count, as that example makes obvious. By RAW, putting a bunch of illusory walls around a golem stops it cold.
    Even then, if the golem was programmed to attack anyone who aproached whitout saying the right word, a wall poping out of nowhere would count as an enemy (it's a foreign object that didn't say the right word). Charge, go trough, now find the beguiller.

He still gets two or four new spells per level (depending on what feats he took) which is still four or eight new spells per spell level. That's still far more than the Sorcerer... and I'm sure he can find a source of spells eventually (just not right away).
    Ironically, the sorceror can also learn more spells with feats. And if you're pressed with time, being a spontaneous caster helps a lot, because there's no "return tomorrow with another spells prepared". Problems need to be solved right away.

You say broken as hell, I say standard operating procedure for a craftsmen. It's called a dedicated wight by the way, and you put one in a portable hole so it can take care of things. Note however that the standard adventuring day is supposed to be 8 hours, which leaves 8 hours for crafting and 8 for sleeping.
    Don't know about you, but I've never played in a campaign where the DM would allow you to craft magic items in the middle of a dungeon. And nowhere does it say that the adventuring day is 8 hour. The DMG even comments about night ambushes.

No. Having UMD alone along with 3/4 BAB and d6 HD does not a respectable gish make. All that money you're spending on consumables? That could be spent on permanent gear. It's the same problem Giacomo has with his Monks, made even worse in this situation.
    I meant making himself a gish with utterations. Since your samurai was using his best class feature, I imagined the truenamer would be allowed to use truenaming. And making the DCs for yourself is easy. Pick the combat buffs. Profit. You're not exactly clericzilla, but can more than do your job.

Using just consumables for buffs won't take you anywhere indeed.

There are no rules for crushing people under a rain of chickens, but it's a good way to detect traps, feed people, and create hilarious chicken dive bomber zombies. Hey, at least it's a class feature.
    Actualy it's a commoner only flaw (aka it demans optimization). And there's rules for suffocation. And being crushed by excessive weight if I'm not mistaken. Keep throwing the chickens. Not even the tarrasque will escape.

Frankly it's such a rediculous situation that it's meaningless, and I don't know why we're considering it. Yes, you can make a Wizard weak by doing nothing with it. But when I say "unoptimized Truenamer" I mean "a competant player who doesn't have access to custom gear or the best available feats. It doesn't mean a raging idiot who can't think of anything. And that's the same thing I mean for a Wizard, though perhaps his best spells are banned. A badly played Wizard is one that uses Fireball every chance he can, not one who fills his entire spell slot allowance with Disguise Elf.
    Says who? If the party is facing waves of enemies several CR under them, fireball rocks. If you pimp it out with metamagic, fireball rocks. If you're facing the attack of the snow creatures, fireball rocks. That's why the tier system doesn't work very well at all. It assumes people play basicaly like you do, when there's thousands of diferent play styles out there.
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2010-03-09 at 04:50 PM.