Quote Originally Posted by imp_fireball View Post
It's probably safer to just say that since each of those abilities uses some kind of weapon, it assumes that you have proficiency with the weapon before you invest in the talent.
Right. Which is why the feats I was listing were going to be in the prerequisites.

I don't think they should be feats - characters only get about 7 feats in their entire lives pre-epic. Better yet, feat chains are terrible.
7 feats + 5 bonus feat (assuming they take 10 levels in a basic class).

A new talent tree is fine - make a feat that allows you to take a new talent tree or receive additional talent points per level (call it like, 'diverse career' or whatever); that sounds a little more worthwhile.

Talents could also be like skills in that you can have ranks in them, except that they max out earlier - I think around 12 ranks (and some GMs rule that skills never max out).
Talents are a defined thing in the d20 Modern ruleset. They do not have ranks. Also, I am not going to make a third talent tree because then it will just gimp people who want to play combat/tech or combat/biotic hybrids.

I think in ME1, they call it 'hardening'. Sample upgrades include energized weave.

There's also physics resisting armor like combat exoskeleton (maybe it should just make you 'heavier' under certain conditions; some kind of technology that you have no control over but naturally adjusts your weight for you, but it's not artificial gravity, so it won't help you in a zero g environment - it's not actually visible despite the name), which also improves smash damage (which is basically just a STR bonus in Modern).
Right. We can make up armor gadgets and stuff to do that. Actually, instead of DR vs. Tech/Biotic powers, maybe we should model it like Spell Resistance.

Could you link me to that?
I have no links, but I'm referring to the +6/+1 full attack thing. Your second and subsequent attacks are less accurate than the ones immediately prior - accuracy loss.

As for the rate of fire, every firearm in d20 Modern and d20 Future has a rate of fire stat. The standard rates of fire are:

• Single - The weapon fires one bullet per trigger pull, and indicates a need to manually reload or recock the weapon after each shot. Example: A bolt-action rifle.
  • Semiautomatic - The weapon fires one bullet per trigger pull, but does not need to be manually reloaded or recocked after each shot. Example: A .45 Colt 1911.
  • Automatic - The weapon fires continuously as long as the trigger is held down. Example: An Uzi.

I also use another rate of fire:

• #Burst - The weapon fires a burst of # of bullets per pull of the trigger.

Since you should have known most of this already (or been able to look it up yourself) if you were familiar with d20 Modern, I am forced to conclude that you don't know anything about it. Here is a link to the d20 Modern SRD, all in Rich Text Format. I suggest that you familiarize itself with it.