View Single Post

Thread: Flight From Ironheart IC

1. - Top - End - #612
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Flight From Ironheart IC

~Tare

The water... was incredible. The cups were nothing fancy, but they were big and full to the brims. On the one hand he wanted to gulp it all down in one breath, but in another it almost felt like he should savor it, just in case it was the last he got for a while. The water itself wasn't the best to be had on the planet. It was a tiny little bit salty, and it tasted vaguely of limestone. Oh, but it was cold, and crisp, and it tingled against his dry throat on the way down. Normally water didn't have much of a taste at all, it was just... water. But to Tare, it was the best thing he could ever remember tasting. Ever. It tasted like Life.

After Ulrich's explanation, Tare sighed and dropped his head into his hands. "I don't think I've ever had that kind of money." He admitted. And it was probably true. "...I don't know what to do anymore, Ulrich." It cut him on the inside to admit that out loud, especially with the others listening. "We were almost home free. We were almost out..." Tare huffed. "Well... I guess we never were at all, really, if Limier had the poor girl poisoned the entire time." Tare looked over at the elf girl on the little bed, moaning in her fitful sleep. If he couldn't keep her from dying, how could he hope to keep any of the other ridiculous promises he'd made?

"Isn't there anything we can do? Isn't there magic for reversing poisons, or-- something? I just... I don't know what to do." Tare fell silent for a few long, terrible moments.

"I'll kill her, Ulrich." When Tare looked back up at his old friend, the closest thing to a mentor he'd ever had and the inspiration for Tare's attempt at breaking from the Thief's Guild to begin with, there was a sickly glow in his eyes. "If Adame' dies... I'll track her down and I'll send her back to hell, to stay this time. I won't forgive her even if she begs on her knees. Which she won't. Maybe I'll give her a chance to, but she won't. She'll only wish she'd killed me too." Perhaps it was the flickering of the sparse candlelight, but the already pale skin in his face sickened a few shades further as he made that declaration. And even despite how ludicrous of a claim it was, even just finding the legendary assassin when she did not wish to be found, but more than that putting a blade into her heart... even despite all of that, it was impossible to look him in the face now and not consider that he might actually do it.

Still, whatever they had all been through over the last who knew how long... the boy neither looked nor sounded terribly healthy at the moment.
    Last edited by OverWilliam; 2010-03-14 at 11:21 AM.
    Deo Soli Sit Semper Gloria

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Its offical. Overwilliam is Duke Devlin.