View Single Post

Thread: [GURPS 4e] Banestorm fantasy game (IC)

1. - Top - End - #342
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zombie

Default Re: [GURPS 4e] Banestorm fantasy game (IC)

Eniarch's head turns slowly to look at Cedric. "I do not dispute your appraisal, but in my defense, I was not asked where I hail from, but why I came to Fordham in such a rush. The former is an easy question to answer, while the latter is a bit more.. complex."

Eniarch takes another sip of his ale, and then proceeds to answer further. "If I were to answer the questions asked of the others as though they were asked of me, I would tell you that I reside in the city of Arvey, in the home of my master, Claudius Marcellus. There I serve as the household's apothecary and physician, and as apprentice to Claudius."

He continues in a tone that reveals how much he delights in the city, "Arvey itself is built into the hills, such that the streets are often stairs. The city itself is tiered into a myriad of different levels, instead of the downtrodden and centuries-flattened plains that most cities seem to occupy." He smiles a bit as he remembers the place and continues describing the city that is his home. "I love the way the walls and stairs and differing heights can make the place into something of a maze. A few stairs can take you from a hidden walled garden out into an open plaza, while another set might lead you from there into a busy marketplace and a final set back into that same private garden by an altogether different route."
    Last edited by NamelessArchon; 2010-03-14 at 12:25 PM.