Hey, what do you know, people want me to post more Egypt pictures! Sorry Kasa-chan, I know this is really going out-of-theme...

These are from the first part of my cruise from Luxor to Aswan on the Nile River. From Luxor to the Esna Locks. Enjoy!

-Leaving Luxor-
Spoiler
Show

-Right after the green of the Nile, there was the Sahara desert-
Spoiler
Show

-We passed hundreds of slums on the Nile-
Spoiler
Show

-Farm with handmade crocodile traps-
Spoiler
Show

Now here is a funny but true story. There are locks on the Nile River at Esna, and there were about 30 cruise boats backed up, so we weren't moving once we got there. These men in little blue boats-about 20 boats-sailed up alongside our ship. They waved cloths at us, yelling, "Hey! Lady! Excuse me lady!" You'd look over the side of the ship to see what the commotion was all about, and they'd yell back, "You like this one? I toss it up for you!" Then they'd roll the cloths up and stuff them in plastic bags and toss them up four storeys to the deck of the ship. These bags were raining down on us.

This one woman bought a towel from a man but he yelled back, "I want my towel back!" But she had already left. The man tossed up her money in a plastic bag and my dad threw it back down, saying, "She's already gone, but here's your money back!" And then the guy says something funny: "You a very bad man! Gimme back my towel!" They stayed by our ship for about an hour until the police came and chased them off.

Spoiler
Show

Tomorrow I'll put up the pics from after the Esna Locks to the Temple of Horus at Kom Ombu.