Thread: Kratos vs The Norse Pantheon

1. - Top - End - #157
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Kratos vs The Norse Pantheon

Quote Originally Posted by Crimmy
    Quote Originally Posted by Irritating-to-quote-reply-by Crimmy
    Originally Posted by Drakyn
    a guy who's part-god but definitely not a god

Wrong. He's a human turned god. You could take it as a human who had at a certain point of time Godlike powers. Then he lost 'em. So back to a human, and only that. Not even close to being partially-god.

a guy nevertheless. He fights full gods, people who are out of his weight class, and he wins through sheer badassness. He does not by any definition rate higher than Zeus on the Mohs scale of Godly Pwnage at the end of GoW II, but he beats him up.
    The Norse pantheon could then very well be less god-powered than the Olympians. But then, so was Kratos, and, as you said, he killed the fates and reversed his own death and beat the stuffing out of Zeus.

In crude form:
    If
    Kratos < Olympians (godly cheese)
    But
    Kratos > Olympians (beating the living stuffing out of)
    Then
    Aesir < Olympians (godly cheese)
    Should not automatically equal
    Kratos > Aesir (beating the living stuffing out of)

Wrong again. Kratos is human. Aesir are Lesser-Gods, by your definition. Therefore, Kratos < Aesir, and thus, he wins again.

So, you've proven you can make a Princess Bride scene in this one. And making up facts, for that matter, because, as it has been stated before, Kratos is nothing but a human. Finito.

I know this is a few pages back, but although a few people already went for your first comments on Krato's divine status (which was honestly sort of a side-grade to my original point, as at most he's got a bit of god blood in him and at least we can treat him as a human - all that matters is that he is, god-power-wise, lesser than what he's killing, which is true in both cases), I'm not sure if anyone examined your concluding remark there.
    What I was saying was that if Kratos is a human/demihuman, who is by definition, lesser than the Greek gods, but has proven himself capable of killing them through brute force, guts, and badassness, nothing precludes the Norse gods from ALSO being lesser than the Greek gods yet capable of putting up more of a fight than they did.
    It was an answer geared against the "Greek gods > Norse gods so Kratos > Norse gods" argument. Whether or not Kratos is a human or a demigod doesn't really change the argument here, either way he's got less god-juice than what he's killing. This is the aim of the point: whether or not the Greek pantheon has more juice than the Norse is irrelevant, because it seems to not necessarily reflect your ability to kick ass.
    Last edited by Drakyn; 2010-04-07 at 10:30 AM.