Quote Originally Posted by Djinn_In_Tonic View Post
On the crits issue...no, we cannot.

Why, I hear you ask?

Simple. I don't want to have to vote nocrits on or off at the start of every map, and it's a common enough request from some people that it would be spammed.

We have the server proper for just having fun. Let's face it: we're basically a pub, and some of our players are very new. Getting a lucky crit against drolkcal or Arb, for example, may help them feel good about the game. That's just part of TF2.

For competitions and Highlander practice, yes, they'll go off. But I'm not making that default, because we're running a standard TF2 server. Crits are part of the game, and I personally don't want to see a "crit vote" four times per map.
This is basically how I feel about it too. Also, Crits add an element of luck to the game. Without it, we're just playing class-based counterstrike, where everything is all about skill all the time. And in that sort of world, everything is really fun occasionally, sure, but it requires a precision of sorts that although it's great to encourage and develop, really shouldn't be a requirement to have fun or be effective in a pub server. Especially not a community fun server.