Quote Originally Posted by Djinn_In_Tonic View Post
Alright. LA +0, and the Outside type. Fair enough, although you might want to specify that the traditional "proficiency with all simple and martial weapons" isn't applicable, nor is the 60 foot Darkvision.

Immunity to Energy Drain, Possession, and all control spells is mind-numbingly good. Those are some of the nastiest things around. As an Outsider, you already can't be resurrected by normal means...and that's not really a downside, necessarily. At least, not one I'd like to see as a balancing factor in a PC race.

The proficiency list is quite good, and really haphazard. It gives them a lot of strong Exotic weapons (the Elven weapons are potent), as well as powerful melee and ranged martial weapons, and weapons suitable for pretty much all types of builds. Why do they get these weapons?

Their ability scores are just screaming "Min-max me as a Wizard or Archivist!" WotC tends to avoid more than +2 to mental stats at LA +0 for a definite reason...

All in all, they're a little to powerful, especially when geared to a caster. I'm not sure how this all makes sense either...I'd need to see more racial explanation and flavor. Why do these abilities make sense for them?

...more skill points/level than Humans, the go-to race at being good at skills? Sorry, but there's no reason for that to make sense. The race is also decidedly uninteresting aside from that, while still slightly to good in some places due to the strange proficiency list and the crap-ton of immunities.
1. Crap! Forgot that!

2. i understand, but I wanted them to REALLY not be able to be rezed (due to having no soul)

3. I essentially wanted them to have proficiency with Thinblade, Courtblade, and the other one without outright saying it

4. Well, they are great intellects, if a bit akward in social settings.

5. As for the flavor, these are elves who were affected by a mysterious magic source that stripped them of their souls, "detached" them from the universe (mentally speaking), and turned them into essentially an entire race of Elven Ben Steins.

Half-Elf

1. Whoops! Meant for that to be as a human's