View Single Post

Thread: Ivory Elves and Half-Elves <3.5>

1. - Top - End - #6
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Ivory Elves and Half-Elves <3.5>

Quote Originally Posted by ~LuckyBoneDice~ View Post
    2. i understand, but I wanted them to REALLY not be able to be rezed (due to having no soul)

3. I essentially wanted them to have proficiency with Thinblade, Courtblade, and the other one without outright saying it

4. Well, they are great intellects, if a bit akward in social settings.

5. As for the flavor, these are elves who were affected by a mysterious magic source that stripped them of their souls, "detached" them from the universe (mentally speaking), and turned them into essentially an entire race of Elven Ben Steins.
    So how about something like this?

Ivory Elves
    • Outsider [Native]
    • +2 Intelligence, -2 Constitution
    • Medium: As Medium creatures, ivory elves have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
    • Ivory elf base land speed is 30 feet.
    • Superior Low-Light Vision: An ivory elf can see four times as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. She retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
    • +4 bonus to saving throws against mind-affecting spells and abilities.
    • Unlike most Outsiders, ivory elves do not possess darkvision or weapon proficiencies outside of those listed here, and they must both eat and sleep.
    • Elven Blood: For all effects related to race, an ivory elf is considered an elf.
    • Automatic Languages: Common and Elven

The proficiencies are probably a little over the top, to be honest.
    Last edited by Djinn_in_Tonic; 2010-04-22 at 01:09 PM.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.