View Single Post

Thread: Twilight IV: No More Heroes!

1. - Top - End - #216
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Twilight IV: No More Heroes!

V
    Conversation with the target is foolish. While I have a somewhat pathological desire to espouse my own brilliance, when said individual is as dangerous as said target discretion may not be valorous, but does keep one alive.
    He can only read my actions if I give him an opportunity. Truly, he is a deadly foe. He reads the killing intent, and prepares the perfect defense. And I do not know how much I damaged him.
    "I am a not a man, and as suspect as my cowardice is, allow me to say that even the greatest of symbols had beginnings as humble as this. I am such a symbol. I am on posters, and scrawled on the walls by my unwitting followers, ignorant of the meaning beyond the superficial. I am in the grumbling of the tired, the reminisces of the old, the fire of the mob, the hearts of the people as they reminisce. On every flag my visage is stamped. I am everywhere."
    I tip my hat, adjusting it so he can better see the mask. "And you downplay yourself, sir. Power and knowledge do not make a man any more then a man. Other men do. And in you, they have raised a false idol. As to my intentions, well I did not expect to meet any of you for some time. There is no co-incidence, only the illusion of it, but I improvised heavily tonight. Perhaps it will pay off."
    I remove a pair of long, knives, folded steel, sharp as a razor, deadly as myself. My companions. This assassination is clumsy, but opportunity does not knock twice.
    "And as the guardians grow apart from humanity, I will grow. If loving the virtues that made our country great do make me nothing more then a villain, then I intend to show you just how villainous I can be. Vi veri veniversum vivus vici. By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."
    As I speak, I slowly flip my knives, but I make no move. I'm waiting for him.

Paladin Alexander
    Nicodemus hears the flutter of pages again as he reaches into the shadow, and before they stop the big Scottsman is there once more, weaving a pattern of death with his two blades, his every cut intended to kill. His teeth are bared feraly, and his eyes flash like jade fire.
    He doesn't seem human. If death were a man, he couldn't look half so deadly as the paladin looks in that instant. "Ah dinnae ken finnishin' wit' ye chust yet, monster." He growls.
    Last edited by Draxx; 2010-04-24 at 02:02 AM.