Quote Originally Posted by Umael View Post
BSW: That is awesome.

Unfortunately, as much as my players are good role-players, getting them to backstab each other goes against some unwritten code or something. Seriously, they may not work well together sometimes, but I don't recall once when one of their PCs betrayed another.

Which, I suppose, is okay, but I kinda miss an OOC "Look, in real life, I'm nice enough, but in this game, your PC will probably hate mine. Are you cool? Cool. Let's rock."
That was sort of the beauty of the set up. The betrayals weren't really your typical in-party backstabbing. Rather, the Crane would have a mission like... "Negotiate an arranged marriage between Unicorn NPC and Lion NPC."

Meanwhile, the Scorpion would have a mission like: "Spark conflict between Crane and Lion clans. A duel between Lion NPC and Crane PC would be just peachy, if you can arrange it."

And of course, the Dragon and Phoenix would have something totally unrelated to do that would allow them to work with EITHER the Crane or the Scorpion. Of course, since no one actually KNEW what anyone else's mission was, it meant there was a fair bit of paranoia all around. Since the players were actually playing rival diplomats rather than an actual adventuring group, it worked out very well.

It was very difficult to run though.