Quote Originally Posted by Aziraphale View Post
Sorry to hijack the self-affirmation, but does anyone else read any "gay interest" sites? I follow The Advocate, and sometimes read some of the articles on The New Gay, but they're both pretty american in terms of cultural bias.
I enjoy Lee Wind's blog, "I'm Here, I'm Queer, What the Hell Do I Read" (here's a link). It's focus is on highlighting GLBT in literature, primarily YA but also some for older and younger readers, but it also frequently talks about politics, history, current events, civil rights, culture, and even non-GLBT things that the Wind deems important (such as celebrating Banned Book Week). He's American, so a lot of it is focused on American events, but he's big into diversity, too, so you also get discussions of, say, homophobic laws in Uganda, GLBT characters in South African soap operas, and the gay marriage movement in Ireland. This is also the site where I learned that Walt Whitman and Tchaikovsky were both gay. (Something which their respective Wikipedia articles somehow fail to mention. )

Don't know if that's what you had in mind, but it's a pretty awesome site, so consider it plugged.