View Single Post

Thread: Rebirth Of The Gods

1. - Top - End - #8
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Rebirth Of The Gods

The reception area was empty for a half an hour, save for Shaddon, who didn't move from his spot even as the workers began to close the casket, and prepare it for burial. ....We have to go, Shad... The sound of Synthia's voice came before the sound of her high heels tapping against the wood floor. His sister's voice was always enough to break him out of even his deepest thoughts.

...I know. But he didn't move from his spot, as he started to sink back into the memories of his father. No one could know how close Shaddon was to his father but two people, his sister and his mother. Just as quick as he fell into his memories, he was pulled out once again by the gentle tug of his sister. I know it is hard, Shaddon. Probably harder for you than for even me...but..you have to believe...he is with God, now.

I do not believe that he is with God, Sister; for I do not believe there is a God. You shall believe what you will, but I can not believe in such a simple pathogen. Shaddon was often accused by everyone, even his family, of being nearly emotionless. It is quite often that students that spoke to him, and even professors would equate him to a mere robot with advanced AI: Vastly intelligent, but seemingly uncaring...about everything.

For ****'s sake, Shaddon, don't pull that emotionless bull**** with me. Not now, not when our father is dead! Even you can't be this cold...you simply can't. Synthia didn't simply place a hand on his shoulder now, she grabbed his arm and forced him out of his hardened shell of memories. The force startled the lithe male, his eyes wide and alert, just as if a child was just pulled from his secret spot just moments after robbers invaded his home. My name is Synthia, not Sister. I hope I'm not some...damn label to you, Shaddon. a soft sigh, as a single tear would fall from the porcelain face. I...I'm so...

Do not say it, Synthia, for there is no need. This loss has struck hard for both of us, not just myself. I apologize for the attack on your belief's, but you must accept that I do not follow the same ideals. I simply can not adopt a pathogen that says either you are good, and go here...or you are bad, and go there. Where is the fairness? What if a man of saintly proportions tripped up on a trivial 'sin?' Does that damn him? Is there not a Judge kind enough to examine the case that is his life more thoroughly? Rather than just notice the microscopic fleck of dirt on the perfection that is his soul, and immediately damn him to a 'hell.'

My Fathers soul is somewhere, dear Synthia, for that I am sure; but that is where our beliefs take a separate path.
    The tears merely proceeded to rush out of Synthia's face at an excelled rate. She knew that no comfort, or kind words would come from his brother, no matter how hard he tried. Though she knew his attempts were pure of heart, and she was grateful for them always, those attempts always came out as cold, and harsh.

Shaddon cared deeply for his father, she knew that; but it was so hard for her to fathom him even speaking such words on the state of his own father's afterlife. Then again, maybe he was right. Was she so willing to believe that their father was with God, simply because it instilled with her a 'happy ending?'

Religion was never a fun conversation with you, Shaddy. A soft giggle though the tears, as she leaned into her brother's arm, Let's agree to disagree on this, ok? Now, C'mon. The Funeral is tomorrow, and I need a friend to have a few drinks with. You know, to provide the nutrients needed to fill up the tear ducts again for tomorrow.

A nod, and a smile was seen upon Shaddon's face, as he walked with Synthia out to her car, resisting every urge to look back again upon the casket as they left. He knew it was best not to endulge that urge, for doing so would only make it harder to leave.
    Last edited by Ixahinon; 2010-05-06 at 04:17 PM.