Malus Darkblade
"Try not to embarass me." Malus says, as silently as he can so that only T'Zarken hears it, then extends his hand. The ruby on it glints. "I cannot remove the ring, or he will break free of the gossamer enchantments to be lost in the void. He was unwilling, afterall, sio we used my lifeforce to anchor it in place. There was no one else to take the burden, so we did as we had to. However, I am sure any enchanter would be able to communicate with him. Exactly like reading a mind." Malus bullshits glibbly, his face revealing nothing.
"As to notifying the princess, perhaps you should send me. It would be best she hear about this treachery herself, and asks any questions she deems important."

Shaidar Haran
Thje Fade covers this uncertainty by staring down at the magician, as though recieving an answer. "You are not worthy. You are a nothing. But you will serve anyway."
He smiles, and suppresses his power. "Forget your oaths to the king. I free you of them. Now you serve the Dark One. We are building an army. Soon, we will have babies. You will use your power to artificially extend their growth. You will then read the minds of the soldiers we already have, and pass on the the memories. In a short while, I expect soldiers."