View Single Post

Thread: [WFRP] The Hour After Midnight

1. - Top - End - #990
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [WFRP] The Hour After Midnight

Illiiya

Spoiler
    Show
    “Mm,” assented Jagrun, his face betraying nothing of his own thoughts. “Quite so.” His tone of voice seemed to indicate he found Illiiya’s statement rather more interesting than she would otherwise have suspected.

The Templar nodded towards the door. “Goodbye, Miss Jaelrae. I am sure we will meet again soon.”

[hr]

Raffy, Lothar, Illiiya & Ithelus

Spoiler
    Show
    Exiting the fearful room, Illiiya found herself in another claustrophobic stone chamber – the other three were waiting for her there, seemingly the only contents of the whole room.

(...After any conversation)

After a minute or so, another liveried servant appeared, leading them down a long stone passageway and back up a different flight of stairs. They found themselves being politely but swiftly guided out of the castle, stepping out of the gatehouse to a view of Delberz stretched beneath them – the weary sun had driven away the early-morning rain, breaking through the thin clouds in a few places to illuminate the sprawl of the town beneath them in a strongly slanting light. The long shadow of the cathedral tower stretched out like a sundial, slicing slivers of time as it crawled round over the rooftops of the houses below.

When they reached the bottom of the road that led up from the base of the castle mound, they made out a small figure scampering towards them – dodging between the awakening traffic of the city, the boy practically skidded to a halt at their feet. A street child of the kind they had seen all too often around the Neumarket and the Fields, he looked singularly out of place among the rich buildings that clustered at the base of the castle mound.

He looked up at them and triumphantly stretched out a hand holding a crumpled scrap of paper.

“You the mutant-hunters?” he said. “The man said you’d give me sixpence if I gave you this.” He paused. “I ran all the way here!” he added, holding out an open palm.

Any literate person who takes the note:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by LCP; 2010-05-05 at 05:03 PM.
    Spoiler: My Games
    Show

WFRP 2E - Tales of Perilous Adventure
    The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

Dark Heresy 1E - Wake of the Byzantium
    Episodes: I, II, III, IV, V

WFRP 2E - The Bloody Crown
    Threads: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X