Quote Originally Posted by Vael View Post
You know, I've been trying to figure out just how and where I'd want to introduce and get Akemi into things. While I think she would make a good mentor character, I have no real connections for her at all. I also have no idea where and how she would have hid on earth.

So I'm thinking, perhaps she made her way to the Shrine? It could be that she had to rely on them for aid (after all, she escaped right after a combat... it would be no stretch at all for her to have been injured), and while they may normally have that stance of remaining uninvolved, I don't think they'd deny aid to someone wounded who dragged themselves there.

With that, Akemi would be in their debt, and probably in their presence for a while. They might establish more of a tie at that time, and it wouldn't seem off if it became a more long term thing.

My thought is that this would eliminate your competition, partially, as instead of drawing attention away from the Shrine, Akemi could help draw attention to it and keep it there. Obviously, I'd want to have Akemi share such a position with Sayaka and the Shrine in general, rather than be the focus of it, so we'd need to tweak out specifics (but given Akemi's weakness in terms of actually accomplishing spiritual tasks, I think there is a definite opportunity there).

I can see some areas where they might, or definitely would, clash, but still, it's a suggestion I'd like to put out there.
It is an interesting idea I think. I like it a lot.

However, the Shrine is supposed to be neutral, and taking care of a shinigami and letting one stay there would certainly make that a problem.

I like the idea they helped her when she was wounded. Maybe in keeping in contact also they talk. But I think that she shouldn't stay there (like a resident) until maybe later (in game? perhaps persuading them in character). Certainly it would be more convenient, but there are also some things maybe she could do (if disguising as a human? It makes a question for me:
Is Akemi like a 'gigai' ?)