1. - Top - End - #1015
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Community Worldbuilding Project [Ishka: Urban and Urbane]

Sudden urge to homebrew:

Dual Object (Magic Weapon quality)
    This object can be treated as one of two items, and may take on qualities of one whilst looking like another. The two objects must have a vaguely similar shape, but otherwise any two objects may be used. The best way to describe this is through example, that of a violin/club and it's bow/sword. Elanor, their owner, can play music with them. Once she has finished she may use the bow/sword to stab an enemy with the object still appearing as a bow, and club an enemy with what looks like a violin but not wreck the precious object. She may then pretend to be part of a barbarian horde and attack her allies with her 'sword', but have it bounce off without doing any damage as if it were nothing but a violin bow.
    Other uses could include a spellbook/stone tablet, a poison dart/daisy, or a great sword/magic staff.
    The owner of a Dual Object is defined by its creator, and only the owner can manipulate the object. Switching owners requires a ritual costing 100gp and 25XP.
    Moderate transmutation and illusion; CL 15th; Craft Magic Arms and Armor/Create Wondrous Item, Polymorph Any Object; Price ????? (any suggestions?)

Also, I think E.M.I.T constructs are quite a good idea. Of course, they'd be prettied up as toys, but I like the idea of there being a kind of construct-makers guild where you have to make one to apply. The lowfolk are just generally cool.
    Last edited by TheLonelyScribe; 2010-05-11 at 01:25 AM.

Other stuff: Does this dress make me look like a DRAGON? Rules for Glamerweaving

Excellent gnome scribe avatar to match my username by licoot.