View Single Post

Thread: [D&D 3.5] Heroes are Made, not Born

1. - Top - End - #65
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [D&D 3.5] Heroes are Made, not Born

Quote Originally Posted by Cieyrin View Post
    Leorath (The Rambler Rabbler)
    fix'd for you.
    You have all your feats except for the one you get as a 1st level character. I suggest Shield Proficiency, as currently that light wooden shield is making you suffer the Armor Check Penalty against your attacks, as well as Strength and Dexterity checks and skills. It's only -1 but still annoying.
    totally forgot about this. screw the shield.

and I thought I only had 3 feats at level 1. one for flaw (born hero), one for human (able learner), and one for level 1 (hidden talent).

You've over spent your starting money by 3 gp and 8 sp. I'd back up and maybe axe things like the tindertwig and the 6 pints of oil, which you don't have a lantern or lamp for, anyways.
    whoopsies. I'll fix that. and I got the pints of oil with the idea that they'd work similarly to a grease spell. I forgot that there's no RAW saying that it does actually do this; my DM always allowed it. I'll get rid of the oil if you do not allow it.

You also haven't spent any of your skill points yet, though I'm sure you're still considering what to spend all 12 of those on, oh Able Learner.
    able learner was my first level feat. and yea, I'm still not sure what to spend my skill points on. I'll probably decide that based on what everyone else is planning for their characters.

Hidden Talent is locked to being Charisma-based, so unfortunately, till you hit Psychic Adept, you have to depend on your Charisma, not your Wisdom. (A side note to that is Ectoplasmic Sheen sounds way cooler than Psionic Grease does ; also of note is Ectoplasmic Sheen isn't a Psychic Warrior power, though I think I'll simply consider this like Expanded Knowledge for our purposes, since Hidden Talent can be any 1st level power)
    Interesting... but this raises a question for you. Wouldn't this allow for a psychic warrior to know first level psion powers? ignoring hidden talent, wouldn't psychic adept allow me to grab some of the better 1st level psion powers before actually becoming a psychic warrior and keep them forever? I don't know if that'd be worthwhile at all, but it seems to warp the rules a bit and make psychic warriors have a bit more options.

Finally, your notes say you switched Charisma and Dexterity when your sheet really says you switched Charisma and Constitution. An honest mistake, though one you probably want to look into.
    p=8473880[/url]
    originally, I was switching my Cha for my Dex. must've forgotten to change that. I appologize.
    Last edited by The Rabbler; 2010-05-13 at 07:34 PM.
    *note: not all advice by this poster is meant to be taken seriously.

Warlock/Swordsage avatar by yldenfrei

optimization is like salt. a pinch here and there can't hurt, but too much will spoil everything.

I have salty tastes.