View Single Post

Thread: Chameleon as a Base Class (PEACH)

1. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Chameleon as a Base Class (PEACH)

Quote Originally Posted by FMArthur View Post
    Hmm... I don't see any problem except for ridiculous skill checks (my fault; I should not have balanced skill bonuses based on the assumption that those skills will always have cross-class max ranks); this does get pretty nuts just from normal multiclassing, come to think of it. I wouldn't ordinarily have much problem with overpowering gestalt, but this might be bad for regular characters, too.

I'll have to think of some fix. Suggestions definitely welcome.
    Yeah. I guess gestalt is just gestalt, getting a bit wierd is what it does, and in the end a fighter who can be useful out of combat is a pretty good thing.

For the regular characters... I can't see anything broken yet that doesn't already exist in other forms (like that practised spellthief whatnot). The Chameleon'll probably make a better fighter and barbarian than the normal fighter and barbarian without very much effort thanks to the apt. bonuses to attack and damage and ability bonuses that can match a barbarian's.

Hmm. I dunno about the apt. bonuses, but maybe you could make it that the dual ability bonuses cannot apply to the same type of stat (eg: Physical/Mental) That might stop making the Chameleon outshining the barbarian entirely, at least. Or it might be pointless.

Or maybe the Chameleon doesn't need fixing, and its just that the fighter-types are weak. I dunno.
    Last edited by Roc Ness; 2010-05-15 at 08:03 AM.

Pokedex #999: Roc Ness
    Avvie by Serpentine.