View Single Post

Thread: Lords of Creation - What Shall Be (IC)

1. - Top - End - #177
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation - What Shall Be (IC)

The Celestial Observatory

Eventually, Klashanna manages to tear her eyes away from the horrors of Despair being displayed onscreen. After a moment's hesitation, she speaks once more. "I have so many questions... but I can not expect you to answer them all. I hate to be rude, but I see only one course of action to take, and it will consume my full attention for some time. If you wish, you may make use of the Observatory's functions for as long as you wish." At this, she smiles with genuine enthusiasm. "I am glad to have found an ally so soon - when you leave, be sure to take this - think of it as a gift to celebrate our meeting." At this, Klashanna produces what seems to be an odd, blue-tinged scroll, covered with images of what appear to be suits of armor.

"They really aren't terribly practical I'm afraid - I doodled them up before I remembered that the Saerites are quadrupeds - but I'm sure that with a few modifications your people could find a use for them. They were meant for heavy industrial work, but one advantage of the humanoid form is its versatility. Now... if you will excuse me, I have a great deal to do - and far less time than I'd like in which to do it."

Even as she finishes this last sentance, it is clear that the goddess is lost in her own thoughts once more - she strides quickly from the room, muttering to herself...

"...of course...substitute blood for ichor...divine regeneration factored in..."

Hoffnung, Coona, Progress

The applause was thunderous.

The Steamwheel clique basked in their victory - they had done it! Weeks, months, even years of feverish research had finally paid off - Collaboration was the final test; to see if their invention would be embraced by the Nations as they hoped it would. Judging by the response... it had been.

Ember really felt she should say something - as the clique's spokesperson, it was her job to explain what exactly their machine was. But for the moment, dazed by their success, all she could manage was;

"Ladies and gentlemen - I present to you - The Steam Engine!"

Had she known what was to come, she would likely have fainted.

Spoiler
    Show
    AP 5: 6- 1(Teach Populace - Steam Power)
    EDITED for punctuation.
    Last edited by Selinia; 2010-06-01 at 12:27 PM.