1. - Top - End - #53
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Paladin Academy: A Playground Inspired Story

Quote Originally Posted by Je dit Viola View Post
    That's what repetitious is, isn't it? Saying the same thing multiple times, right? Repetition was wrong, because of grammar, whereas redundant is a slightly nerdy word, because of all the Ds.
    (However, I think we're getting off topic. Grammar and definitions have little to do with paladins, I think. There might be room for you to respond once more, but I can't reply to that one or else we'll be officially off topic. I hope you understand.)
    No, repetition is saying exactly the same thing more than once. Redundancy is when you describe the same thing more than once. So repetition can lead to redundancy, but not all redundancy is repetition (e.g. "accidentally made a mistake" is redundant, since a mistake will always be accidental, "accidentally had an accident" would be repetition and redundancy because you're using the same word twice, i.e. repeating it and it's redundant in the same way as the other statement).

Anyway, yeah. Kind of off topic. ¬_¬"
    Last edited by BisectedBrioche; 2010-06-12 at 07:08 PM.
    Hi, I'm back, I guess. ^_^
    I cosplay and stream LPs of single player games on Twitch! Mon, Wed & Fri; currently playing: Nier: Replicant (Mon/Wed) and The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (Thurs or Fri)