View Single Post

Thread: LGBTitp - Part Six

1. - Top - End - #1154
    Bugbear in the Playground

Zombie

Default Re: LGBTitp - Part Six

Quote Originally Posted by Glug View Post
    I found myself upset the other day about hearing my my FtM transgendered friend has taken to cross dressing (for clarity: wearing women's clothing).

I feel that at this current stage it's intentionally confusing behaviour. I believe that this confusion could be harmful to other transgendered individuals.

But on paper I know way less about transgengered issues than my friend does. So I didn't speak up for fear of showing ignorance. We disagreed about something similar in the past so my confidence has been knocked.
    Eh, I'm FtM and I wear skirts sometimes. They're comfy. (No dresses for me, though. I don't like them.) He can wear whatever he wants to wear, same as anyone else.

Would you be upset if any of your other guy friends were crossdressing? Because this isn't really any different.

Unless you're concerned that he's wearing women's clothing because he's suddenly going through some sort of denial, in which case there's more to be concerned about than just wanting to wear pretty dresses.
    Last edited by Danne; 2010-06-12 at 08:10 PM.