View Single Post

Thread: X-Com mafia

1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default X-Com mafia

Right.

We all recall the events of the year nineteen hundred and ninety nine. Invaders from the stars, armed with weapons unknown, nearly destroyed human civilization. One organization fought back, mankind saved, yay.

Thing is, in the first desperate days of the X-Com organization, recruiting procedures... were a bit looser than they should have been. Maniacs, criminals, that kind of thing.

And, unfortunately, alien sympathizers. Who sometimes went uncaught until the worst possible moment, IE, retrieval missions.

Which is where you all come in. Most of you will be upright (for a certain value of the word) X-Com members. You will attempt to kill aliens, steal tech, and get out alive.

One or more of you are dirty xeno sympathizers. The goal is to kill all X-Com agents. Survival is considered a massive plus, however.

Here's how it'll go.

Ten of you give a name and a preferred equipment loadout. (Beginning game era sruff)

I generate a squad, pass along the stats, and send them to a crashed UFO somewhere in the midwest. I let the traitors know the score.

Then? The fun begins.

Discuss plans here, then PM me your individual movements, including conditional statements

(IE: If the guy in front of me goes in the barn like he said he wouldn't, I waste him. Otherwise, I head for the UFO, crouching and saving enough time units to shoot.)

The moves play out, I show the new map positions, everyone makes new plans, the cycle repeats.

A HWP will be provided. Unlike your fellow soldiers, it is completely trustworthy and will spend every turn finding and exterminating the enemy. However, a majority vote will allow it to be used as an impromptu firing squad against a suspected traitor.

If people volunteer, I'll get this going by Monday. If I was unclear on any details, ask.

Signups:

XP194
    Murska
    Istari
    Helgraf
    Thanatos
    Eldan

And, yeah. I stole this off Tom Tucker's running of this kind of thing on the something awful forums. It looked fun.
    Last edited by chiasaur11; 2010-06-15 at 03:44 PM.
    Remember how I was wishing for the peace of oblivion a minute ago?

Yeah. That hasn't exactly changed with more knowledge of the situation. -Security Chief Victor Jones, formerly of the UESC Marathon.

X-Com avatar by BRC. He's good folks.