People milled around. Some tried to hide in corners, hoping they wouldn’t be noticed, but the place was well lit and fairly open. They looked around at the mysterious contraptions and schematics lying around on workbenches:
“What are these?”
“Apparently this is an initial design spidermech. They seem to have had an argument about it via post-it notes. One making suggestions, the other saying he doesn’t have enough funding, and the other claiming he could knock up a better prototype in a week. In a cave. With a box of scraps.”
“You know, I think some of the equations on this whiteboard are wrong.”
“How can you tell? I mean, look at it:
Spoiler
Show
“Do you mean what’s originally written is wrong, or what it’s been ‘corrected’ to is wrong? And given the complexity of it, how can you really be sure at all?”
“Quite.”
“I say, you seem to be rather interested in the science – perhaps you’re the scientists they’ve stuck in here to kill us?”
The mob gathers round threateningly. But as they advance, Murska cries out
“No! Don’t kill me again! I’ve been killed five times already!”
“Poor soul. The experiments must have driven him mad.”
“Well, that or they actually killed and revived him 5 times. I think I saw notes for a Frankenstein project lying around somewhere.”
“What about you? You were looking at that thing on the wall.”
“But I’m a cute little teddy bear!”
“Fair enough. And you? Correcting equations and trying to kill an innocent madman, eh?”
“What?! No! I only went for him because he spoke directly before me!”
“Except I spoke in between you two.”
“That sort of absent-mindedness is a sure sign of mad scientist...ness.”
The mob rushes forwards. But as they do, Billtodamax starts doing some sort of mime act. Pressing his hands against the inside of an invisible box, containing only him. This one surprise, however, is not enough to stop them. That is achieved only by the second surprise, when they run into the invisible box, and find they can’t actually get through it. Unfortunately for Bill, neither can he. And neither can anything else, including air molecules. The others all turn away from the horrifying sight as the unlucky mime slowly suffocates and slumps against an invisible barrier.
Finally some sort of spinning, flashing thing on the ceiling above him sparks and dies, and his corpse slumps to the floor.
“MImE field device SUCcessful. PrOtotype broken. Test subject BillTOdamax deCEASEd. As pArt of A REqquiRED teSt protocol, Hawat Science would like to inform you that TherE WILL be NO cake. Only death.”

Summary: billtodamax was lynched. He was a Naive Test Subject.
Night 1 Begins now and ends in roughly 24 hours. Send in night actions.