View Single Post

Thread: [WFRP] Gold of the Phantom

1. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [WFRP] Gold of the Phantom

Spoiler
    Show

For the sake of moving the game along I'll take a couple of liberties for the sake of communication.

Svanhildur stops and turns towards the Estalian, seeing that Gino seems otherwise occupied and this one seems intent on speaking to her in.. a frustrating amount of languages. She gives him the universal signal for one moment. She casts her eye about for a "translator" eventually alighting on some poor wretch who doesn't seem too much the worse for drink.
    [Tilean]"You! You speak Riekspiel?"[/Tilean] she says, clamping her hand down on the man's shoulder in a slightly less than friendly manner.
    The man looks up, somewhat disgruntled until she meets the Norsewoman's fierce gaze, [Tilean]"Er, yeah, used to work the docks over that way, picked up the lingo right enough, why?"[/Tilean] he says, somewhat warily.
    [Tilean]"Good, you're translating, in exchange I'll buy you a drink, sound fair?"[/Tilean]
    [Tilean]"Um, I think I might want a little more tha-"[/Tilean]
    [Tilean]"Excellent, come with me!"[/Tilean]
    "Erk", Svanhildur half leads, half drags the man over to where the Estalian is. [Tilean]"Now, ask the gentleman to repeat what he said earlier, and tell him that the crew of the Vixen is hiring, if he's interested."[/Tilean]
    [Riekspiel]"Er, the lady wants me to tell you to say what you said before again, and that if yer interested their ship's hirin', name o' the Vixen. Please, I think she means to do me an injury if'n I don't translate."[/Riekspiel]
    Svan stands behind him, one hand on his shoulder, smiling at the Estalian.
    Spoiler
    Show

Conversation translated via babelfish:
    "Voi! Parlate Riekspiel?"
    "Er, sì, ha usato per funzionare i bacini sopra quel senso, preso la destra della masserella abbastanza, perché?"
    "Buon, state traducendo, in scambio I' affare del ll voi una bevanda, suono giusto?"
    "Um, penso che potrei volere un poco più que-"
    "Eccellente, venga con me!"
    "Erk"
    "Ora, chieda al signore di ripetersi che cosa ha detto più presto e dicagli che la squadra del Vixen stia assumendo, se è interessato."
    "Äh, wünscht die Dame mich Ihnen erklären, dass sagen, was Sie vor wieder sagten und das, wenn Sie interessiert sind, die ihr Schiff anstellt, Name des Vixen. Bitte denke ich, dass sie bedeutet, mich zu tun eine Verletzung, wenn ich nicht übersetze."
    Last edited by Bowerbird; 2010-06-15 at 12:38 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Who
    Loving that fluff, loving it so much. If that fluff was a person I'd marry it.