Don Juan, seeing the shenannigans go on, decided to better keep his qualms to himself. It was ungentlemanly to invoke a curse in public, let alone upon a woman that- clearly- was simply trying to make do.

Then again, said woman was- apparently- deeply aligned with the Tileans. Keeping his Estalian as restrained as possible, he spoke clearly in Reikspiel, slipping into the Empire tongue with a wide smile.

"I said that the Tilean language is...very crude. Estalian is much more fluid. I regret not being able to speak it more openly." He eventually declared, gesturing towards the woman, "But if you want to find a champion of Estalian swordsmanship, look no further- my dueling skills can easily outstrip that of any sailor you might pick up here otherwise. All that really matters is the length of the voyage, and to where- coin is always a helpful factor in addition."

Bah. Reikspiel. Of all the crude languages, it was perhaps the most manageable- it had taken several words from both Estalian and Tilean, and the resulting abomination was crude-but-workable. With any good fortune, Don Juan would be able to hone his skill sometime soon, especially aboard a naval ship. He had, back on the Santa Elizabetha, actually spent a fair amount of time honing his fencing jabs with the "flying fish" that every-so-often emerged from the water to flop above the railing line. It had taught him a valuable lesson on timing and speed, and hopefully he could learn just as much this time around!