She of course ignores the simple human man's sputtering- she'll attend to him later. There is more of interest to see about, now.

She stares up at the angel, a bemused look on her face, mouth open, and she circles around her, nodding and smiling. "Huh."
Quote Originally Posted by "Maurice" View Post
“I would ask you to explain yourself, where you come from and what has precipitated your actions, but I suppose it does not matter-
"No. No, it does matter. Do you think that I've done all this for... how you say... sh*ts and giggles? No. Until just a handful of days ago, I had never antagonized another living being. I considered myself, all in all, to be a... benign spirit."
She sighs. Where did it all go awry?
Well, probably when we were stabbed and almost killed by men in robes... but don't worry. They'll get what they deserve.
She looks back up at Maurice, resolute.
"But then, as I was speaking with a mortal man, and presenting him with a generous bounty of fishes, I was assailed by a large group of trained men with stone daggers the likes of which I'd never seen before. For the first time, I felt pain. For the first time, I bled. For the first time, I felt my life slipping out of my grasp, and into nothing."
She closes her eyes, trying to shake the memories of helplessness. If she had tear ducts, she'd probably be crying.
Finally, she opens her eyes, and forces a smile. "Well, I fought them off. Obviously. And though I do not remember the particulars, one of them said a prayer- praying for strength, in his quest in the name of Lord Athelion the Lifebringer.
You see, Maurice... all of this, all the killing and conquest, has been in the name of Justice. In fact, one might say it's all in the name of Lord Athelion the Lifebringer- if not for him, I'd never have dominated this little town.
I will storm his gates... and he will grovel before me, and beg forgiveness, and give me a reason for all this insanity. And if he does not, I will kill him."
The look on the ostensible child's face is so hard it could crack granite. It would be farcical to an outsider, seeing the child giving a literal angel a look like that.
"But you, Maurice, you owe your allegiance to a... a different being, this Valkyrie? I'll not strip you of that... but are you a servant of Justice, Maurice? Join me, and Justice will be done. Help me do what I've set out to do, Maurice. You know as well as I this Lifebringer never done any good for this world."
It transforms back into its combat ready God form, and holds out its hand to the angel, a grim smile on its face.

Spoiler
Show
Now, I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume that Maurice is not going to go along. If so:

It closes its eyes for a moment, almost sighing. "Pity. Very well, then.", and with a quick motion, it lashes out with its dexterous right hand, and gets a firm grip on Maurice's wing. Using this to hold it in place, it takes hold with the strong, craggy left hand, and tears the wing off. Wing still in hand, it lunges forwards, enveloping Maurice in a bear hug (or beating her down until it is able to do so), and with a peaceful look on its face, stroking Maurice's hair, she assimilates her, torn wing and all.
Temet Nosce.