View Single Post

Thread: Lords of Creation - What Shall Be (IC)

1. - Top - End - #280
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation - What Shall Be (IC)

Keia and the Dark Faeli: The Underdark

Using the last of their power, the Faeli casters who remained had managed to return them from the now-blighted realm of Heliopolus. Keia and her followers moved only far enough to find a place large and safe enough for them to rest before they collapsed, weary and broken from the fierce battle. So few of them were left now... a bare handful. The Illithids had been left behind entirely, and she could only guess at how the remainder of the battle had progressed.

They had only rested a short time, still making plans to re-group, when before them appeared a beast like the Aboleth of the deepest tunnels appeared before them, speaking it's message through it's cleric messenger and blessing them with healing and vigor... saving the lives of some of their worst wounded. Such kindness she had not expected of a child of the lady. Perhaps their sacrifice had at least been enough to please her.

While her kin stood tall again, their wounds fading... Keia mustered the bravery to step forward. If there was even a chance it was possible... she had to ask.

"Lord Watcher." She spoke with a respectful bow, "We have heard of you. I beg one thing of you, please. Can you... restore him? He gave his life to do as he was told by the lady."

Her voice was pleading and desperate as she looked to the tattered body of Elarion.

"Please... I need him. I will do anything."

---------------------

Brogan Skycaller: Also the Underdark

Brogan looked about in fear and awe. He had no idea what these creatures were, but they had saved him, and spared him. They had even made point not to slay all of the slaves that had been sent against them. As unnatural as he found them, a good twenty lives were saved on their actions. As he was led through their tunnels, he watched silently... trying to appraise their actions and remember his way back, if need be. It seemed a lost cause.

When finally they brought the former slaves before the being that he imagined led them, he was shocked at it's appearance. Still, compared to the Illithids, it was an angel. Nothing probed his mind, or wrenched pain from his body. He bowed, speaking for the captives.

"Ah. Do y' understand me?" He asked of the queen, "M' name is Brogan, of clan Skycaller. Ah... former clan, ah suppose. Please... we mean ye' no harm. If y' let us go, ah'll lead these folk out've here, and ye'll never have t' see us again. On m' honor."

-----------------------

Asharra + Enki: The ruins of Heliopolus

She barely heard her sons words... too distracted was she with the raw power surging through her body. The rush of a true divine essence was overwhelming... a bliss she had only felt a taste of before. Enki all-but carried her to higher ground, laying her in the shallower waters upon the cracked stone steps to one of Aevum's great temples.

As her senses returned to her, she looked to the sea god with a smile, pondering to herself what she would do with him. Every part of her body urged her to devour his essence as well, right now... while he was still weakened from his battle with the sun god. Like an addict, she felt the need to gorge herself on all she could... to feel that rush of power.

No. She told herself, reaching out a delicate hand to grip Enki's neck, It is not worth what would be lost. An ally is worth far more than a meal.

She pulled herself up to kiss him impassionedly, before finally seeming to collect herself and rejoin the world around her.

We have done it, my love! She spoke, unable to hide her darkly joyous tone, This place is ours now. The sun is dead, and it's lord's power belongs to me. You did so well.

She tugged Enki to her, her voice low with seductive promises.

"Allow me to reward you."

-------------------

Avariel the Fallen: Hope

After their escape from the heavens, the divine host had no further guidance from their lord, nor in some cases, will to go on. Some soared off in despair to die or mourn alone. Others grouped tightly together, seeking solace in each other. The strongest of heart amongst them wondering aloud what they should do from here.

"We cannot let this be the end." Avariel said, his elegant voice weary and low with sadness, "Our lord would wish us to do all we can to live."

What place have we amongst mortals? A Seraph by the name of Aurelia spoke mournfully, The world will die now. I do not wish to see it.

No. It will not! Avariel said intently, There are others who can yet save it. Other gods yet exist that may aid us. And do not speak so harshly of mortals, Aurelia. Remember you the mortal who faced the destroyer?

I understand your words, Avariel. I simply have little hope. She said with a sad nod, I feel his loss in every part of me. It is like-

I know. He told her, placing a gentle hand upon her shoulder, But we must endure. We must find others who will aid us, mortal and god alike... and we must do all we can to undo this. Please, no not falter now.

One by one, the few remaining angels nodded their heads in agreement, joining hands and sharing some small remainder of the hope that they still held. Hope was all they had now.

"Before it happened... Something split from the sun. A small fraction of power. It may have even been that Lord Aevum foresaw this before any of us, and left a shred of light in this world, should this come to be. I felt it leave before the sun was devoured. I am certain some of you felt it as well." Azariel told them, "We should seek this being... and do what we can to restore light to the world, or it will die."

Speaking together as equals, they agreed that they would part ways. Each searching the world over for allies to their cause and doing all they could to preserve life and fight against the ones who had blighted this darkened world. Swearing one last oath to keep hope alive amongst them, the angelic host parted... Dozens of trails of light scattering through the sky amidst the darkness that consumed this world.

---------------------

Godly Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mostly an epilogue. Not much to say.

Raise non-mortal heroes: Azariel and Aurelia the fallen angels. (The rest of the broken angelic host is fair game for everyone to play with!)

Raise mortal hero: Keia (Cleric 3/Sorcerer 4/Mystic Theurge 10)
    Last edited by BloodyAngel; 2010-06-16 at 05:34 PM.
    Anyone looking for awesome art, look no more! Check out my stuff here! I do comissions, for those interested. Catch me at this site: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/rukis/

Nekkid Kyra avatar by Keris Rain!