Right Lycan my flatmate playes orks almost exclusively now so I should be able to help you somewhat on what to take ext.

So from my experence Battlewagons are worth the points always. Deffrolla on them and have them tank shock everything (and I mean everything). Sure your opponant gets a save but seriosly they are awesome, on top of this they can carry 20 boys around and basicaly become a moble firebase of epicness. Being opened toped everyone in the battle wagon can fire. Now picture this a gattle wagon rolling up to a squad of assault marines and unloading 10 flamer templates because its filled with burnerboyz. Taking that many hits let alone wounds means anything is fuged. Forget anything else for transports.

Ard armor isnt worth it imo unless they have a painboy with them. As FnP only works if you can still get a armor save having that 4+ armor save is gold. A painboy is wasted on normal boyz as most armys have something in large quantitys that gets rid of boyz save.

Lootas. Wow just wow. My flatmate has started to get some decent rolls at the right time with these guys and ZOMG! having 2 squads of 15 fireing 3 times each is crazy. Sure BS2 sucks and you need 5's+ but really with 45 shots you get quite a few 5's+. Added to the fact that their str7 they are great for light/med vehical popping or for cutting down MEQ's

A unit hes been using is Kommandos with 2 burner boys and Snikrot. Ambush rule is great and havign 2 burner boys means that your going to get 2 lots of power weapon attacks.

Oh and a squad of 30 boys with cybork bodies and ard armor is one of the funniest units to use in a 1000 point game

Theres a bunch of other stuff that ive learnt about orks but its early and im only half way through a coffee.