~Tare

Tare watched, intrigued, and stared at the barrel as though he wished he could suddenly see through wood or something. Then, he bit back a yelp, just barely, when Melcara's vice-grip sank into his bicep. He gingerly allowed himself to be pulled off to one side, mostly because just focusing on breathing and trying not to whimper was just about all the mental effort he could manage, though he did have the presence of mind to turn away from the man so that in case his expressionless mask slipped (and it did) the grimace would not alert him that anything was amiss. As soon as he was able, he uttered a strained whisper, "Melcara, you're hurting me." His voice was calm, but involuntarily infused with pain.

Tare gasped when Melcara quickly released him, in a way the pain in the newly released appendage worsening before it got better. Though he couldn't help tensing every muscle in his body in reaction to the pain, he gritted his teeth and tried to keep his body language neutral. His lungs ached for a few seconds, but he forced them to take slow, even breaths and got the pain under control. Three months ago, he would never have suspected himself capable of any such feat of willpower.

"...What?? I don't... I don't understand," He said once Melcara had repeated herself. Instinctively, and almost without trying, he tried to push a little something of his mental awareness toward the man and his barrel. A small, inexperienced, lost little sort of stretch, a reaching out with feelings he'd never consciously controlled before. But like a bloodhound with an acute memory, he had something to reference. In his minds-eye he constructed an image of the Basement where the Gang had fallen out of the portal and back into the real world. The imagined voices, cries for pity. The smell, once belonging to something sweet, but now acrid, like burned metal. But mostly the sense of... Wrongness that absolutely drenched the scene. The sense left behind by anything evil enough to bleed an Angel for personal gain. Keying in on these emotions, Tare tried to investigate the man in front of him, unsure and unable to predict what he might find, or how it would reveal itself to him...