View Single Post

Thread: FIFA 2010 World Cup

1. - Top - End - #1162
    Barbarian in the Playground

RogueGuy

Default Re: FIFA 2010 World Cup

Quote Originally Posted by LCR View Post
    Why don't we all just take a chill pill? It's a game, after all, and I don't like how so many people keep militarizing it and comparing sports competition to war. It's inappropriate.
    No it's not. Militarizing something is not using war metaphors in a sports match.
    And of course there is honor in football. It's not very hard to take a look at World Cups and see the difference of style between teams. A team that wins with a fair play, without looking for agressive and dangerous faults, is of course a team with honor. And although all teams play dirty sometimes, there are teams that do it very occasionally, and there are other teams that make an ugly style of play from that. And yes, I keep saying, Germany is a team of honorable warriors, and a living lesson of football. I don't need any chill pill, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by LCR View Post
    You should also be wary to declare that you know the "truth" or in your case, what "true football" is. There isn't really right or wrong in football, as long as both teams adhere to the rules.

Well, of course you're right here. When I was talking about "true" football I didn't mean there was any "false" one, neither I thought I know the truth about nothing. What I meant is that the only kind of football that people usually tends to enjoy and support is the one that searchs for a win from the very first minute, the football that looks for goals and not for surprises, the football that doesn't need to kick or elbow in the face of your rival to have a chance of winning. The kind of football that only a few, a very few teams in the world can afford. Sorry for my english if I can't explain it clearer. But I'm sure all football lovers know what I mean.
    Last edited by Blas_de_Lezo; 2010-07-04 at 09:07 AM.