View Single Post

Thread: Flight From Ironheart IC

1. - Top - End - #707
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Flight From Ironheart IC

Hondshioh

Hondshioh scowls at Katashiko.

"Not everyone is as corrupt as you say. I know that I would NEVER betray my principles for the promise of wealth or power. For me, fulfilling my duty to Miriam and Athelion is its own reward. And my teacher would say the same. The Council tortured him and threw him in Ironheart, the very same prison you were held in, solely because he tried to do the right thing and would not take their bribes. If what I do on my mission saves even one person from the Council's injustice my ghost shall rest easy."

He speaks in a firm but gentle tone, indicating to Katashiko that he's a lot stronger-willed than he looks, but his expression softens as his skin changes back to normal.

"Before we proceed, I'm afraid I must lay down a few ground rules. First of all, I will be your protector on this journey, but should you decide to harm people without my consent I will also become your executioner. I will let you know if and when it is safe for you to cut loose and kill. Second, I will try to be as lenient with you as I can possibly be, so long as your actions do not result in the violation of my code, which forbids fraternization with the obviously evil or irredeemable. I know that you value your freedom more than anything, and I will do my best to respect that freedom. Next, I will be with you until you make your choice to bear a child. Once that child is born, hopefully we will be able to hand it over to your sisters, and I can convince them to leave you in peace. After that, you will either be dead, or my custody of you will be ended and you will truly be free. I know it may seem tempting to just stall until I get fed up and leave, die in battle or to simply kill me and escape. I believe that all of those options will only make things worse for you, because the moment you no longer have my protection, I think your sisters will definitely try to come for you. Holding up your end of the bargain is the easiest way to earn your freedom. Finally, and most importantly, do not compromise my mission in any way. I know that you do not share my beliefs and you obviously don't care about the repercussions if that mission fails or succeeds, but if I fail in my mission, I will be punished by the corrupt Council, likely leading to my own incarceration or death. And if that happens, I won't be able to protect you. I'm not going to bother asking you to help me. Your obvious cynicism has made it abundantly clear that you'd laugh in my face if I did. But since you will be forced to accompany me on this mission, I simply ask that you do not try to betray me to the Council or make it impossible to complete my mission through your interference."

He holds out her hand to her.

"Are these terms acceptable to you, Katashiko? I am called Hondshioh, by the way."
    Last edited by Archpaladin Zousha; 2010-07-05 at 01:24 AM.
    "Reach down into your heart and you'll find many reasons to fight. Survival. Honor. Glory. But what about those who feel it's their duty to protect the innocent? There you'll find a warrior savage enough to match any dragon, and in the end, they'll retain what the others won't. Their humanity."